June is National Men’s Health Month, an important opportunity to focus on physical, mental and emotional well-being. All of us here at Wickenburg Community Hospital & Clinics (WCH) encourage the men in our community to care for themselves by implementing healthy living decisions like good nutrition, regular exercise and medical checkups.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Minority Health states, “It is crucial that men get regular checkups and be aware of the risks for their age, ethnicity, and lifestyle. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 13.2% of men aged 18 and over are in fair or poor health. During Men’s Health Month, we urge men to take steps to enrich their health and wellness through proper screenings and care.”
WCH provides a large array of quality healthcare services for men of all ages:
• Primary Care Providers can help with medications and disease management, identifying appropriate annual screenings and assist with overall healthcare planning.
• Sports Medicine practice led by Dr. Michael Purnell who not only is board-certified and fellowship trained specializing in shoulder and knee pathology, but also highly skilled at caring for athletes of all ages.
• Hand & Wrist Treatments performed by Dr. Jason Rovak who is our extremely talented specialist. Currently treating community members suffering from conditions that occur in your hand, wrist, upper arm, and forearm.
• WCH Orthopedic Specialists, Dr. Mitch Wagner, Dr. Amber Randall and Kevin Redus, PA-C work diligently to provide a full spectrum of joint care including full or partial joint replacements and revisions.
• Rehabilitation Team provides not only top-of-the-line Physical Therapy, but also expert Occupational Therapy. Whether you are recovering from an injury, seeking to prevent injury, or experiencing conditions such as vertigo, TMJ or incontinence, this is the team to call.
In addition to these quality teams of providers, we offer state-of-the-art diagnostic and laboratory services along with a full-service Retail Pharmacy that can deliver medications right to your door. It is great to have such an amazing healthcare system right here in Wickenburg to support the health of our hard-working men and boys. Visit wickhosp.com and click “Request an Appointment” from the upper left-hand corner TODAY!