Jack-O-Lateran Apple Salad Cups
Four Large Oranges
2 Medium Gala Apples
1 Stalk Celery
¼ Cup Dried Cranberries
¼ Cup Chopped Pecans or Walnuts
1 Tablespoon Orange Zest
½ Cup Low-Fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1. Wash and dry oranges.
2. Cut a ½” slice off of the top of the orange and reserve.
3. Using a spoon, remove the orange sections from the orange and set aside for another use.
4. Using a small paring knife, carve a Jack-O-Lateran face into the hollowed-out orange.
5. Wash apples and cut into quarters removing the core. Cut quarters into ½ – ¾ inch cubes. Place in a small bowl.
6. Wash celery, cut stalk in half lengthwise and then slice into ¼” slices. Add to bowl.
7. Add cranberries, nuts, orange juice, and yogurt to apples and stir until combined.
8. Distribute apple salad between oranges and top with reserved slice.
“Ghoulish” Apple Smiles
2 Large Gala or other Apples
½ Cup Smooth Peanut or other Nut Butter
¼ Cup Slivered Almonds
1. Wash and dry apples.
2. Cut each apple into fourths.
3. Remove core by cutting it straight off leaving a quarter apple that will lie on its side.
4. Using a paring knife, cut a wedge out of the peel side of the slice to resemble “lips”. Use wedge for snacking or another use.
5. Fill the gap left by removing the wedge with peanut better.
6. Use almond slivers to make “teeth in the “lips”.
7. Refrigerate until serving.