by Deborah Lakin, OT, MBA, Director of Rehabilitation
Indicator #1. One On One Treatment
• Your treatment sessions are facilitated one on one with a licensed Physical or Occupational therapist. No techs taking over your treatment.
Indicator #2. Valuable Time Each Session
• Treatment that is focused on you the entire 45 to 60 minutes, no waiting for exercise equipment. You don’t want to waste valuable time when you don’t have to. The time you spend waiting is expensive, and time lost toward your recovery.
Indicator #3. Highly Skilled Therapists
• Therapists that are highly skilled and educated. They have received the highest level of training in their field, obtained special certifications in various treatments and offer the highest quality with the widest range of care.
Indicator #4. Patient Participation in Treatment Plan
• You are an active participant in creating your plan of care, where your goals are heard and incorporated into your plan. Adjustments are made to your plan as your recovery progresses to meet your needs for continued growth.
Indicator #5. Environment Designed for Recovery
• A great facility is inviting, bright, and open offering plenty of space to social distance and maintain a sense of privacy. There should be areas to work in private and in public. Space should also include areas for treating and testing potential deficiencies in self-care and home management.
At Wickenburg Community Hospital (WCH) Rehabilitation Center our licensed therapists make every minute count and focus solely on your recovery to maximize recovery utilizing every minute you spend at each visit. Did you know that most of our therapists are Doctorate prepared? That means they have received the highest level of training in their field and many have gone on to obtain special certifications in various treatments. Some of the specialty training our therapists have includes Parkinson’s treatment, stroke, hand, and shoulder therapy with splinting of the hand. Hand and shoulder therapy is very specialized, and the WCH Rehabilitation department provides this treatment option to the community.
We offer a wide range of treatment including pelvic floor treatment for women to help with muscle weakness and incontinence, treatment for dizziness (vertigo) with patient’s often feeling significantly better after just one visit. In addition, we provide specializations in the treatment of spinal conditions, and pain control. Our therapists are skilled in the treatment of pre- and post-surgical orthopedic patients, strengthening, gait training, and post injury care. We also offer Driver Fitness Screenings for those concerned about their driving performance such as reaction time, history of accidents, forgetting destinations, difficulty staying within road lines, or consistently driving under the speed limit. WCH’s Rehabilitation department offers a full ADL (Activities of Daily Living) Suite in which to practice skills and review possible modifications to improve independence. All therapies are offered through 1:1 treatment with your assigned licensed therapist at each visit.
Come see something great, and close to home!
For more information call 928-684-5529 or visit us on the web at wickhosp.com/rehabilitation
We look forward to hearing from you.