I accidentally suffered gasoline burns on my chest, arm, and both legs. A very quick witted and competent Scott Stewart at the hospital’s Emergency Room assessed the damage and within minutes had me in an ambulance to the AZ Burn Center at the Maricopa Medical Center. I think he probably saved my life.
When my husband was able to leave the AZ Burn Center, arrangements were made for him to have a week of rehabilitation and wound care at Wickenburg Community Hospital until both he and I were confident about him returning home. Burns are serious business and we were fearful of infection. The week gave us a breathing space to continue his recovery, but under professional supervision. Everyone on the staff was wonderful, kind, and helpful.