Community Nutrition Education
Presented by Debra Loder, RDN
Your place for healthful recipes, cooking videos and don’t forget about our free nutrition classes! Join us on the third Wednesday of each month at 12:00 noon for a Facebook Live presentation of the month’s nutrition topic. Debra will not only present tips and information on the given topic, but she is always open to questions and suggestions on future class topics. Visit our Facebook Page for more information on upcoming events.
Recipe of the Week!
❤️ Join WCH in celebrating the power of healthy eating by focusing on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and exercise habits.❤️
Debra Loder, RDN with Wickenburg Community Hospital is going to take you on a cooking journey as she makes an amazing Berry Broccoli Salad. Add a protein of your choice and make it a main dish. Full of antioxidants and phytonutrients, this is a wonderful salad for at home or gatherings. Enjoy!
2020 Class Schedule:
- January 15th – The Truth About Diets
- February 19th – Plant Based Eating
- March 18th – National Nutrition Month; Eat Right Bite By Bite
- April 15th – Gluten Free; What the Research Says
- May 20th – National Salad Month; Build a Better Salad
- June 17th – All About Dairy and Dairy Substitutes
- July 15th – Nutrition and Inflammation
- August 19th – Pre-biotics and Pro-biotics
- September 16th – The Power of Pulses; Lentils, Beans, & Peas
- October 28th – Cooking Oils; Facts and Fiction
- November 18th – Fall Foods; Delicious and Nutritious
- December 16th – Safe and Healthy Holiday Tips
From our Family to Yours…
Enjoy these recipes from the kitchen of Debra Loder, RDN!
Feel free the download and print to share with friends and family
2019 Class Schedule:
Click on a green text to view class video
- January 23- Carbs are Not the Enemy
- February 20- Cholesterol: Top Foods to Improve Your Numbers
- March 20- National Nutrition Month
- April 24- Easy Meals for Busy People
- May 22- The Mediterranean Way
- June 19- Understanding Phytochemicals & Antioxidants
- July 17- How to Read a Nutrition Label
- August 21- Fats Can Be Healthy Too!
- September 18- Celebrating Whole Grains
- October 16- Maintain, Don’t Gain
- November 20- Healthy Holiday Treats
- December 18- Holiday Foods: The Naughty and Nice List