Orthopedic Medicine | Conditions and Treatment Overview
Our unwavering dedication to helping patients experience an improved quality of life is what motivates us to stay up-to-date on the latest orthopedic techniques and innovative treatment methods. From non-surgical treatments to minimally invasive procedures designed to repair injuries, we provide orthopedic treatment options for residents and snow-birds alike in Wickenburg, AZ, Congress, AZ, Wittmann, AZ, Aguila, AZ, Wenden, AZ, Salome, AZ, and surrounding communities.
Hip replacement surgery and knee replacement surgery are two of the most common orthopedic surgeries performed at Wickenburg Community Hospital Surgical Clinic. Our orthopedic surgery specialist Dr. Mitch Wagner uses several factors including your medical history, to help determine if joint replacement surgery is right for you.
- If a hip replacement is recommended, it means that it is the best treatment option to decrease hip pain to improve your quality of life. Typically, this is the approach taken after you’ve tried other measures such as injections, medication, or physical therapy.
- As the largest joint in the body, the knee is a critical hinge for your leg. A knee replacement can reduce your knee pain, muscle weakness, and function issues. If Dr. Wagner determines that you are a good candidate for knee replacement, he will determine the best type of implant and surgical technique based on your medical history.
Our Orthopedic Services Include:
- Fracture and trauma treatment and care
- Shoulder surgery
- Non-surgical joint pain treatment
- Arthroplasty – total joint reconstruction/replacement
- Repair of the shoulder(s), knee(s), and hip(s)
- Fractures & other injuries caused by aging or accidents
- On-campus comprehensive ancillary services to support your full orthopedic recovery.
WCH Orthopedic Services| What to Expect
From routine procedures to complex cases, we provide expert pre-operative, operative, and postoperative management of orthopedic surgery patients with a broad spectrum of conditions:
- As your healthcare partners, we encourage your questions and concerns at any time during your treatment.
- Inpatient surgeries are performed at Wickenburg Community Hospital Surgical Center — a 10,500 square-foot surgery center located on-campus equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging machines and operating theater.
- Comprehensive pre-surgery exams, which may include routine tests and labs are performed on-campus.
- Fully accredited on-campus state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging
- Individualized inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services are available on-campus for post-operative patients.
- Currently, all patients referred for surgery receive rapid COVID-19 testing as part of the pre-surgery checklist.
If you are in need of an Orthopedic Specialist please call 928-668-5506 & Schedule an evaluation today!
The Orthopedic Practice at Wickenburg Community Hospital (WCH) specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Inpatient surgeries are performed on-site; in a state-of-the-art 10,500 square foot surgical and diagnostic center, under the expertise of our nurses, surgical staff, and talented hands of Dr. Mitch Wagner, MD, PLLC, and Kevin Redus, PA-C. From diagnosis through treatment and recovery, your personalized treatment plan will aim to get you back to living pain-free as quickly as possible. In addition, should your treatment plan require rehabilitation; WCH offers individualized in-patient and out-patient rehabilitation services.