Arizona Public Service (APS) Medical Care Program:
A Resource for Individuals with Special Medical Needs in the Event of a Power Outage
If you are an Arizona Public Service Electric customer and someone in your home has a life-threatening illness or use essential life-sustaining medical equipment that has a critical need for electricity, you may qualify to enroll in the Arizona Public Service Medical Care Program.
Your safety is important to us. The APS Medical Care program is an outage preparation and notification program for APS customers with a life-threatening illness or medical condition requiring the use of electronic medical equipment.
How the program works
• In case of planned outages, we will notify you by phone and/or door hanger 24 to 48 hours prior to the event.
• Participants receive our Guide to Preparing for an Outage with recommendations for you and your family.
We can’t predict when storms or other conditions may cause a power outage. But when they hit, we work quickly to restore power as soon as possible. Our Medical Care program can help you prepare and stay safe.
How to enroll:
- Fill out an application (Application in Spanish)
- Have your doctor sign the application
- Return the application to APS
To learn more, register or download an application for the APS Medical Care program, visit aps.com/medical or call (602) 371-7171 (Phoenix) or (800) 253-9405 (other areas).